Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clean Pulse generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

I have made a keyboard using diodes. The output is in binary. The keyboard is hexadecimal and has 5 outputs. The 5th output is a "key press line". It is essential to differentiate between a 0 and "no key pressed"

My next plan is to put two 4bit registers as a buffer to store an 8bit word.

The 4 register shall be selected by the output of a T filpflop to store the MSB in one register an the LSB in another.

Now since my micro swicthes are noisy, when I attempt to press the key once the key contacts are made more than once.

A debouncer can take care of the time period between the contacts, but not for repeated accidental contacts.

So I am thinking of putting a monostable multivibrator that shall activate on the first key stroke and disable all inputs for ~200ms.

I have two options:
1. 555
2. 74121

The 555 is immune to repeated pulses but not to extended pulses. So if the repeated pulse occurs after the fall of the output, it shall retrigger.

I do not know of the 121 but the datasheet tells that it is edge triggered.

Can anyone suggest a way out ?

I need to have a single key stroke. The person is tempted to press the key harder when the first keystroke does not work. I cannot do away with the switches either.

Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back