Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

class A power amps and how they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM radios sound horrible. But many grannies listen to them every day. Maybe these grannies also listen to severely distorted and narrow bandwidth horrible sounding rock music.
Not me.

AM radios sound horrible. But many grannies listen to them every day. Maybe these grannies also listen to severely distorted and narrow bandwidth horrible sounding rock music.
Not me.

And to each their own. But that's no reason to go around and trash those of us who enjoy that so called "horrible low bandwidth rock music". ;)

BTW...do you consider everything that doesn't quite hit the extremes of the human hearing range to be "narrow bandwidth"?

While you may perceive things that sound "like an old AM radio" as "sounding horrible", for electric guitar that "old AM radio" sound is something we perceive as a sound that is nice, warm, pleasing and phat. ;)

It just means you don't care for that sound. But there are lots of us who do and that doesn't mean our high frequency hearing is shot. For the record if you seem to set your EQ in favor of the high frequencies over anything else that is a sign that your HF hearing is shot. If your HF hearing wasn't shot, you wouldn't have to boost them so much.

However, lots of us guitarists tend to be sparing on how we set the highs because our ears are more sensitive to them, which makes us want to either turn them down a bit OR use what you would call "inferior horrible speakers" that have limited HF response, which is why we mainly use 12" speakers. ;)

Last edited:
I like live and properly played back acoustic guitar music. It has extended high frequencies with no distortion. I also listen to many other instruments with extended high frequencies and no distortion.
Electric guitar sound is narrow band with the high frequencies missing and replaced with the harmonics of severe distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back