Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular Convolution Fourier Series Property Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp1390

Hey all, I know that I've been asking a ton of questions but I have yet again hit another stumbling block along the way. I am becoming very comfortable with Fourier Series and have not moved onto Transforms yet, so this question is not regarding those.

I am just wondering what this means in terms of Fourier Series. By definition, in order to perform the circular convolution of two signals, do they both have to have the same period, T, or can they be any two periodic signals? Also, I understand that the main result of this is that if you have two functions f(t) and g(t) and perform the circulation convolution between them to result in h(t), the complex exponential Fourier Series coefficients of v(t), Vn, will be the product of the coefficients of f(t) and g(t).

Here are my notes from class and I am wondering why Vn is the product of both coefficients times the period T. But in the example on this site, T is no where to be found?

Here are my notes: Vn = (T)(Fn)(Gn)

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Here is the site that says: Vn = (Fn)(Gn)

**broken link removed**

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back