Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltz

I was trying to make a circuit which alternated outputs, as in when you push the input output 1 becomes high, output 2 becomes low, and when it's pushed again output 2 becomes high output 1 becomes low

**broken link removed**

The problem is when I push the input momentarily it switches between the two outputs until I release the input and it settles on one, I figure out quickly this was caused by me switching on the input and then the thing switching off the output when the second input on the XOR gate came on (caused by me switching on the input) which then of course means the XOR output becomes high again causing the whole thing to happen again

I tried putting a very small valued capacitor (1pF) in series with the input on the XOR so that after the initial press it would block any signals after that, I don't know if it's the simulator I'm using but this didn't work

So basically I'm asking does anyone know how to block the input so it doesn't oscillate between the two outputs

Last edited:
You can not do this with just a gate. You need an edge-triggered flip-flop.

Per MikeMl your best bet is an edge triggered flip flop. Something like the 74HC74 could be used. The data sheet may be found here.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back