Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit to amplify the current from a motor used as gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxfav

Hi,
i am trying to use motor as a generator and i have used the mechanism of a wall clock to rotate the shaft of a 12V motor the prob is that the current is too less to light a bulb and the voltage obtained is varying.
:( Need a circuit to amplify this current to light a bulb(2.2V 80mA).
Please help
thanking u
roxfav

roxfav said:
Hi,
i am trying to use motor as a generator and i have used the mechanism of a wall clock to rotate the shaft of a 12V motor the prob is that the current is too less to light a bulb and the voltage obtained is varying.
:( Need a circuit to amplify this current to light a bulb(2.2V 80mA).
Please help
thanking u
roxfav

You can't amplify something without providing external power to it, which would rather spoil the object of the exercise.

Two very obvious points come to mind:

1) How fast is the motor spinning, using clock mechanics to drive it doesn't sound very quick.

2) Why not use a 12V bulb, as it's a 12V motor - I'm presuming it's because the motor is only turning very slowly?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back