Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit review please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vini77

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I expect to be just the beginning. I don't have a background in electronics but completely apaixonado right now. Also, this is my first 'project' and I am here to learn. Sorry in advance by the completely dumb questions. Lets go.
First, I am looking to reproduce this project here: https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/arduino-automatic-plant-watering-system
Its a system to automate irrigation. The schema is here:
https://circuitdigest.com/sites/def...c-plant-irrigation-system-circuit-Diagram.png
I have assembled the prototype exactly as the image attached. Before to send the code and plug in the power supply, I have some important questions:

1) As I am very new with circuits and wiring, I would like some help to check if my prototype match the schematics in the original project.
2) In the original schema, the owner did not use a relay module, and in my case, I decided to wire the Signal wire directly into D11. It's ok?
3) In the original schema, the owner used diy soil moisture sensor with just VCC and Ground. In my case, using a ready made sensor there is the Signal output which I have any idea where to wire.
4) Are there something else I am missing? Specially regarding the power supply? I do not want to burn everything again!

I think it is just it for a while!

I would appreciate very much your help and attention. Thanks!

Attachments

• prototype01gif.gif
    prototype01gif.gif
    709.5 KB · Views: 316
hi Vini,
We need the names of modules you are using, ideally a link or datasheet.
I would recommend that you do not power up the circuit until we have seen the datasheet for the soil sensor, relay modules.
E

Why are there six analog inputs going to an LDC screen?
What does the RF module do?

ak

clip from Arduino Sketch:
These are the PortD pins.
// initialize the library with the numbers of the interface pins
LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2);

Check that you have the correct library to suit using PortA for the LCD

Attachments

• ARDUINO_V2.pdf
    243.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Thanks, eric. Didn't realize those ports were so versatile.

Thanks, eric. Didn't realize those ports were so versatile.

hi Bob,
Started playing with the Arduino a few weeks ago, it is very versatile and good price and easy to program, free IDE
Have made myself a few big boys toys, good fun.;)

Eric

I've used, for various projects, the Uno, Micro and Nano units. And you're right, it is good fun.

But, sadly, in my usual sort of "surface" understanding of some things, it never occurred to me that an "analog" pin could be anything but, well, an "analog" pin :arghh:. Old school thinkin' ...

Hey Eric! Thank you very much for your attention.
My modules were bought in China. I mean, all datasheet are in Chinese :(
My Relay module picture and a datasheet of SIM900 module follow attached.
My SIM900A module is exactly as the one in link below:
**broken link removed**
All the help here is welcome!

Attachments

• SIM900+V3.8.2最新原理 (1).pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 261
  • relay-wiring.jpg
    relay-wiring.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads