Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twist2b

I put 2 parts together...
the bottom part was originally a battery setup.

Here is what I THOUGHT it was supposed to do:
**broken link removed**
I wired it up and its not working...
However, should the bottom half... it go to GROUND?
That might be the issue I am getting here, otherwise I have to do some digging with a volt meter.

One strange thing:
The 2N3055 fluctuates voltage from 35ish-10V
Which is weird.

But most visual problem.... no arc from FLyback :p

I'm asking not telling, but is that negative supply voltage supposed to be connected to ground on the positive supply?

You can not connect two bridge rectifiers to the same transformer with one connected to the center tap as shown. You get conduction between the two bridges such that the lower bridge output voltage will be essentially be the same as the upper bridge.

Yep, what crutschow said =) I thought that looked funny. The way the power supply is set up I'm not sure how or even if you would be able to use a common ground for the two supplies because they're not isolated from one another.

To get the half voltage out of the transformer all you need to do is use the one full wave bridge rectifier you have on the right side of the diagram. This will give you the full voltage out to the switching devices.
The center tap can be fed directly to the input of the voltage regulator. Just make sure everything is referanced to the common - return line.

The bridge rectifier on the center tap is not needed and could be part of your odd power problem.

False. Its center tapped. I have tested it myself. I get 30V in one line and 12V in the other.

However, the BOTTOM circuit is where I am having trouble.
Should I be putting it to ground instead of negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back