Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit makes sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ididit

not sure whether it's the right place to ask or not. any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

one of my house circuit box began to make noise, I just tighten or loosen the screw a little bit and it will stop the noise a little bit.

Here are some info on the left side of the board:
"To Clean Sticking Plungers, place a few drops of non-flammable cleaning fluid on plungers. Then activate chime, repeat until plungers move freely. DO NOT OIL PLUNGERS."

under right screw - " front"
under left screw - "trans"

right side of the board:
the circuit diagram of circuit board for.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
It is not "a house circuit box". It is an electromechanical doorbell.
You forgot to describe the new noise it makes but I think it is a hum because its switch is stuck in the on position or its contacts leak AC current because they are corroded.

Before taking the trouble to clean the thing, step outside and make sure your doorbell button isn't stuck in the "On" position.

The coil above the terminal marked "Trans" looks as though it has suffered some heat damage, and would well expect some shorted turns there.

It might well be time for a replacement door bell rather than a repair.

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back