Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit lead acid battery charger 120A , 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadof

hello :eek:
I ask the brothers to help me get on a circuit lead acid battery charger.
voltage battery 24V current battery 120A

Do you want a charging current of 120A, or do you want to charge a 120AH battery? If the latter, you will have to talk to the battery maker to determine the maximum allowed charging current, which is likely to be about 0.2C or 24A.

Even a 2A charger will charge a 120AH battery; it will just take 60 Hours.

Hello
I have about 80 battery capacity ranging between 180 A\H to 120 A\H
I want to design a charger circuit so that all can be charged with the same charger.
Is the battery capacity is determined charge current or that any charger that can charge any battery condition agree the effort?
The charger will be 24V
Is it possible to find a suitable circuit for this task
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello
I have about 80 battery capacity ranging between 180 A\H to 120 A\H
I want to design a charger circuit so that all can be charged with the same charger.
Is the battery capacity is determined charge current or that any charger that can charge any battery condition agree the effort?
The charger will be 24V
Is it possible to find a suitable circuit for this task
Thanks

I think you are asking if a battery charger sized to charge a 180AH battery will also work for a 120AH battery or vice-versa?

Selection of a battery charger is based on the maximum current that the charger will deliver to a discharged battery. If you look up the battery maker's data sheet(s) for your specific batteries, they will list a parameter called "Maximum charging current". Also be advised, that some battery makers specify the maximum allowed temperature rise of the battery during charging, so a temperature sensor is attached to the battery, and the charger automatically limits the charging current based on battery temperature. This needs to be done only if trying to achieve the shortest possible charging times. If you are willing to wait longer, then limit the charging current to a lower rate, and wait longer...

If you select a charger that is suitable for the battery with the lower Max Charge Current, it will work ok for both battery types; it will just take slightly longer to charge the larger battery.

Look around on this web site. They have a lot of practical advice about charging large Lead-Acid batteries...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back