Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit for 220VAC to 9VDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool

I would like to make the smallest circuit for converting 220VAC to 9VDC~ any suggestion for the circuit?? can i don't use the transformer??? :roll:

Sorry but you have to use a transformer as far as i know because of the high current of the AC voltage , the size of the transformer is depended on how current would you like to draw from it.

I drew a circuit for a regulated 9VDC

1 * The parts you need:
1 * Transformer from 220AC to 12VAC
1 * Diode bridge
1 * 470uF capacitor
2 * 0.1uF capacitor
1 * 7809

Attachments

• 9v_135.gif
    9v_135.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,217
if you have the £££ get a VICOR DC:DC converter, ther are isolated and converts straight from mains to low voltage levels. You just need a rectifier and a DC cap. This removes the need for the transformer

thanks all experts!!! :lol:
what is £££ and how to get a VICOR DC:DC converter???
can u please tell me more about it??? :shock:
thanks~

If you don't need line isolation or much power then a simple capacitor coupled circuit consisting of a Mylar AC rated capacitor, a 9 volt zener diode and an electrolytic capacitor is all you need.

Use a transformer

Hi folks ... first post/reply on this group.

I would suggest the person use a transformer type circuit ... anything direct off the mains is a dangerous situation.

Cheers!

Bettina

The OP has not been back since March, 2004. Whatever the outcome was, I doubt we are going to change it today. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back