Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy257

Hi all,

Could anyone kindly explain what this circuit is doing in a bit of detail. I think I kind of get the basic idea of what its doing but there is some interesting feedback going on which I don't understand what its for.

To me it looks like an AC amplifier that is converted to a DC voltage output?

Thanks for your help

Andy

Attachments

• Schematic.pdf
    17.9 KB · Views: 116
62.png

I cannot see that this thing does anything useful. It acts as a differentiator for down-going edges of the input. The minimum amplitude of the input to get an output is about 100mV.

What does ADJUST connect to?

I could make a much simpler differentiator, if that is what it is supposed to be?

Attachments

• Draft62.asc
    3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I agree, C3 has a big effect on performance, and the circuit appears complex for what it does.

An external resistance from ADJUST to 0V changes the peak output voltage without changing (very much) the output impedance.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back