Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit diagram for a indicator setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Guys,
I'm swapping my fiat 450 48hp tractor for a David Brown 70hp tractor with a front end loader. My mate has said he wants to register my old tractor and he's asked me to wire up a indicator brake light setup. A few years ago I totally ripped out the wiring from the tractor as it was a mess and just hooked what was needed. The horn and new head lights for which I used a 12 volt relay.
For the indicator lights we will be using standard trailer lights with orange for the front indicators and orange/red for the rear indicator brake lights. Will be using a standard flasher pot too but after googling for ages nothing is coming to hand. The circuit below is what I had in mind so does it look right ?

indicator schema&#116.JPG

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
Hi,

Circuit looks workable.

Although i think it is more usual with vehicle electrics
to use the vehicle body as a return conductor
rather than run in additional wiring.

Most light units are made with one connection on the body.

However if the light fittings you are using do not have
one side connected to body (chassis)
then there is no problem.

Best of luck with it,
John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back