Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit diagram creation method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muad'Dib

Hello
I just recently got introduced to the world of electronics by a friend and was wondering what people use to sketch out circuit diagrams. So far with the pitifully simple circuits I've been struggling with, pencil and paper has been the easiest way of quickly getting ideas down. However I can see this getting tiring and messy with more complex circuits and was wondering what others used when creating their diagrams.

Look for a program called LTspice. It's got a free version, it's a very good schematic editor, and will do simulations too. Do reality-checks on your simulations, and they will teach you very well and very fast.

Edit: You of all people will know the value of spice, no? :)

Last edited:
Eagle for circuit diagram / pcb design. Agree, LTspice seems to work really well for sketching out and simulating circuits. Been diving into spice sim a lot lately... very illuminating.

Hello
I just recently got introduced to the world of electronics by a friend and was wondering what people use to sketch out circuit diagrams. So far with the pitifully simple circuits I've been struggling with, pencil and paper has been the easiest way of quickly getting ideas down. However I can see this getting tiring and messy with more complex circuits and was wondering what others used when creating their diagrams.

hi,
Download this free, simple circuit and pcb drawing program.

Wow, these suggestions are great. I just started playing with LtSpice, and it looks like a great way of testing and troubleshooting ideas. I looked up a couple of tutorials and they do a good job of guiding you through the basics. Express PCB seems very intuitive for creating circuits, and as the name suggests, is probably fairly adept at creating PCBs. Thank you all for your help.
@zoodlewurdle - Turns out I hadn't realized the value of spice after all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back