Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike220

i need to design a voltage divider baising circuit with Re=1k Ic=55mA using a 2n3904 and must have the q point in middle of load line. help please. Vcc=16v you need to pick your own resistors for r1 r2 rc
do you think the 1k needs to be changed? is 55ma even possible with 16v and re=1k

You need to supply more information. What is the supply voltage(s)? Is there a collector resistor, and if so, what is its value?
Do you realize that your 1k emitter resistor will have 55 volts across it, and will dissipate 3 watts? Perhaps you meant 55ua instead of 55ma?

Multiple postings

Please confine your posting to the most appropriate forum, you just waste space and confuse people with multiple postings.

ps. I never liked homework when it was for my own benefit - this looks like a set question - will you share the award when you pass?

mike220 said:
i need to design a voltage divider baising circuit with Re=1k Ic=55mA using a 2n3904 and must have the q point in middle of load line. help please. Vcc=16v you need to pick your own resistors for r1 r2 rc
do you think the 1k needs to be changed? is 55ma even possible with 16v and re=1k

Mike, you shouldn't expect to have your homework done for you. I will give you some clues:
1. A transistor doesn't generate voltage or current - it only allows you to control them.
2. If you are taking a class, you must have covered Ohm's law at this point. Do the math - can you get 55ma through a transistor with a 1k emitter resistor when you have a 16v supply?

mike220 said:
55ma is an error ,it should have read 5.5mA
That makes more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back