Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

steckel88

I have a project in my college electronics class and i have to design a circuit that has flashing leds in it.. i have to use the program multisim to simulate it and i have to use a lmc555ch timer.. i can use any other components

**broken link removed**
something like this? Wikipedia has a great article on 555 timers as well.

ya thats sorta it... heres what i got so far and its not working...

Attachments

• New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 281
Why did you DOC it? It is not a written document nor a speech.
Why did you ZIP it? It should be a PNG file type.

You are using a Cmos 555 that has a very low output current.
Either increase the value of the current-limiting resistors or use an ordinary 555 that has much more output current. Add a transistor to the output of the Cmos timer to increase its output current.

Last edited:
the only 555 timers that we have in the multisim are lm555cm, lm555cn, lm556cm, lm555cn, lmc555ch, lmc555cm, lmc555cn, and tlc552c so which one of those would have a higher output, and the reason its in a doc is cuz i couldnt attach the multisim file so i put a copy of the circuit in microsoft word....

Look at the datasheet for an LM555 ordinary high output current IC.
Compare it to the datasheet for an LMC555 or TLC555 Cmos low current IC.

The TLC552 is a dual Cmos low current timer that works with a supply as low as only 1.0V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back