Circuit Design About 0.75V voltage reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
See post #14 for a suggestion to use an op-amp as a current buffer. The ZXRE060 is also suspected of needing a current buffer because it is a shunt regulator with a .015 amp current limit.

When you design a circuit or system with a specific IC or ICs, the first thing you need to do is look up the datasheet(s) for the components. In your case, the "555" datasheet will either have minimum and maximum frequency parameters or minimum and maximum periods given. I'm pretty sure it lists frequencies, but if not, the periods would consist of the "on" time and "off" time...so the frequency would be Fosc = 1/(Pon+Poff). If your 120 Khz square wave needs to be anywhere as accurate as your voltage reference, you may want to seek other options besides the 555...or, at the very least, use quality resistors and capacitors in the timing circuit.

It sounds like you're making a class D amplifier, DC power supply, or some sort of pulse-width modulation circuit. What are you working on, exactly, if you don't mind?

Last edited:
thanks for your detailed analysis, it helps me a lot. and i will pay attention to my design. by the way, your electronic theory is very good!

i am sorry to answer you till now. no , it doesnt work for a D class amplifier. i am designing it for clock generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…