Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit and motor for moving an arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina Keeler

I want my full size nutcracker to be able to move his arm which is made from a drain pipe and would like to know what sort of motor and circuit I will need for to move a 60cm piece of drain pipe.

Look at servo motors for models. Some of the bigger ones can produce some impressive torque. Not sure if "nut cracking" force is available.

Mike.

I'm trying to imagine how this will work out.
Are you thinking of arms swinging like a marching motion, or a drummer movement or a Heil Hitler movement or ...?

I don't see a desirable end product with some of these scenarios. Either by complexity or, if you elect the simplest one, it won't be a popular effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back