Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Christmas Star project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

have been working on my Christmas Star project which I plan to give my family and close friends. Using EasyEDA for schematic and pcboard design.
Am just learning the ins and outs of using the program then have boards made. CAUTION! my design is still in the beginning stages thus the LED numeration is not totally correct but it is a work in progress.
While working on the board layout I figure why not share the fun. I am willing to share my board and schematic files thus if you wanted to you could have boards made in time for Christmas.
The schematic is not complete as I have not connected all the grounds.
the resistor are selected so current draw is close between all the LEDS (single resistor one LED= 6.96ma. two LEDs in parallel - 7.06ma
LEDs are named Bxx and Wxx (WHITE and BLUE). led are 0805 and resistors are 0603. microcontroller is going to be 18F43k22 but plan to have one or two boards completed (all assembled by JLCB so all on one side only. The test boards will use an 18f46k22 (need to check if Pickit2 has it in device setting?
Power supplied by a 5v USB wall-wart.
LEDs are layed out to allow different patterns while running. Plan to program using Swordfish.
if interested let me know and will post the board files. NOTE! THEY ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION I need to renumber so they display correctly in the "DESIGN MANAGER". some are not in proper order.
The desired board outline is done and I have the silk screen of the Star which will be removed maybe.

The schematic is not complete as I have not connected all the grounds.

You probably know this, but perhaps not.....

Anything connected to a ground symbol on the schematic will be connected together on the board. There's no need to connect them all together on the schematic.

Likewise with everything connected to a +5V symbol or Vcc symbol.

You can made a perfect pdf of the schematic by going to the FILE tab, selecting EXPORT, and clicking PDF. No trouble at all like you've had with Dip's Trace.

Am aware about port connections etc.
Was/am hoping to find a way to change the color of the LED symbol in the program
presently renumbering and searching for "Basic" components instead of extended components.

Won't let me attach entire project files?
I exported the easyeda files but not allowed?

One suggestion would be to post a pdf of your schematic and a screen capture of a photo view of your board so that everybody can see what you're doing without installing EasyEDA.

I was going to suggest making the project PUBLIC so anyone could access it, but what used to be simple baffles me in the current version of the software.

yes that is what I was hoping to do, make the project public.
My issue right now is the led numbering.
I open the design manager after I reloaded the changes and the numbers are close but still not right but doable.
just loaded the pdf of the so called schematic (I should clean it up)

lets try again I EXPORTED AS A PDF

Attachments

• Schematic_STAR COPY1_2020-08-18_10-59-44.pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 251
here is the board outline top layer

Attachments

• PCB_STAR COPY PCB_2020-08-18_11-02-57.pdf
    214.9 KB · Views: 235
Suggestion: use proper ground and Vcc symbols.

Comment: Both of the ICSP pins are connected to the same pin on the micro.

Here is a cleaned up schematic
I used vcc and grd from what the program has.
I did same using the jepg of the star as I did the Seahawk pcb I did. Planning on making new ones.
thanks for complement

Attachments

• Schematic_STAR COPY1_2020-08-18_13-19-26.pdf
    140.9 KB · Views: 233
Surely you know what a ground symbol looks like?

20200818_143119.jpg

I have same symbol but added the port flag? as well. I shouldn't have.
After I cleaned up the schematic then saved then updated the pcboard I end up with a different pcboard.
Going to look for reason why?

trying to figure out differential pair? Placing resistors next to corresponding led and not sure what and how to use differential pair if this is what I need to use to place the resistors paired with its led.

One thing you might consider...

JLC has resistor networks in their basic library. They have 4 position networks in at least 1k (I didn't check on the other value you're using) which are 4 independent resistors in one package. Using these would reduce the space needed by resistors without any change to your design.

SmartSelect_20200819-110559_Firefox.jpg

nice idea but am wanting a small footprint due to the fact that the LEDs and resistors will be on the front of the project. Would really like everything on the back except the LEds.
going to renumber the resistors corresponding to LED color and number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back