Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing a battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I'm building a segway, but am not sure what batteries to go with? I need about 15AH, 24V. I've been thinking motorcycle batteries, but I'm worried about discharging them completely. This guy (**broken link removed**) just used a bunch of 6V battery packs together. What should I go for?

For weight/capacity you can't beat lithium batteries, but you need decent charge/discharge control circuitry.

How are lithium batteries sold? Sorry I dont work with batteries or RC stuff much - are they sold in one big "unit" or are they sold in 6V battery packs / single batteries?

One place to get hobby sized packs is FMA direct, but it's gonna get expensive fast depending on what your voltage/current and capacity needs end up being. You can get both individual cells and packs. I'm sure you can find a better price (by at least 50%) if you hunt around for a site that resells large capacity packs. FMA is aimed squarely at the RC hobby field.

**broken link removed**

Simple lead acid batteries will work, but will be much larger and much heavier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back