Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chip identifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike47

Hi

I have located a chip on my lapop and I am trying to find the manufacturer , it is marked with a funny shaped f as if that is the company logo mark , does anyone have any idea as what the company could be .

cheers

Hi

thanks for your reply , it is not possible to take a photo of it , it is to small and it melted somewhat , I have had to read what was on it with quite a strong magnifier .
ps: the marks on it are P32AH and below this 66806 there was some other numbers on it but i can not read them .

cheers

cheers

come on....

Take your board to a pro for repair. Lets just say that you find a replacement for that burned chip...what do you do then???
Do you slap it in to replace the original...you know what'll happen????...it will burn out as well. Unless you fix the actual problem, anything you plug in will burn up, just like the original. As well, If you can actually see a melted chip on a Motherboard, there will probibly be a dozen other devices that have burned out...that cant be seem by the naked eye.
Motherboards are not considered for "Home Repair", and are difficult for even a pro to fix.

I agree that the repair could be more difficult then repairing the chip. But I would be suprised to find a place doing anything other then a MB replacement in this case.
If so there is little to loose. It he is very lucky we may find some help regarding the problem on the web.

Does the chip have this logo. It is fairchild

**broken link removed**

Your reply doesnt make sense. I chip doesnt usually just commit suicide, and burns up, so there is another fault o the board.
He does have something to lose, he could bugger up his board doing a self-repair, or take it to a pro, and get it properly fixed. I dont think we do anyone a service giving someone with little or no experience just enough info to kill off a expensive piece of equipment, that could be prroperly repaired by someone with proper desoldering/soldering equipment, and the knowledge to find the real problem

When a chip goes out on a almost any electrical circuit it comicazies. That is, it does not usualy die alone it takes as many other IC's and components as it can along with it.
If it was part of a switching circuit or a regulator circuit it most likely took a pile of other components with it. If it was a logic IC or a sub processor it took everything that its working with down with it!
Sorry but your MB is officialy junk! You can take our opinion for free or pay an expert to agree with us.
MB death is not cost effective to repair. Its just a sad part of life.

Hi all

thanks for all your replies , I have desoldered and soldered a couple of tiny transistors on motherboards with success , it is off a dell c640 Laptop , the motherboard works fine off the battery , it is the charging and runing off the PSU that is the problem .

cheers

A repair center will want to install a new MB. They know that it is their best road to profit.

We now know the problem is in the charging circuit. I am not saying he can fix if, but the chances have gotten better. If he can ID the chip the chips datsheet may give us/him a hint as to what the associated parts are and what it does.

Your reply doesnt make sense. I chip doesnt usually just commit suicide, and burns up, so there is another fault o the board.
He does have something to lose, he could bugger up his board doing a self-repair, or take it to a pro, and get it properly fixed. I dont think we do anyone a service giving someone with little or no experience just enough info to kill off a expensive piece of equipment, that could be prroperly repaired by someone with proper desoldering/soldering equipment, and the knowledge to find the real problem

This might help **broken link removed**

Ken

Hi guy's and gals

photo as rquested , I have removed the actual item but the one next to it is the same shape

Attachments

• c640 mobo full mem side.jpg
    c640 mobo full mem side.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 247
  • c640 mobo corner p32AH3 mem side.jpg
    c640 mobo corner p32AH3 mem side.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
It looks more like it could be a FET rather than an IC. Is Q82, the same as Q83 which is the one you removed? Can you post a better closeup of the area and a picture of the device you removed?
It looks like the IC marked SZT01J05S is also damaged. It is hard to tell from the photo whether there is a speck of something or a small crater on that chip.

I found in right photo F was on IC not on the chip and another one made by samsung maybe it like ver in company or like serial number

Hi kchriste

Yes that IC is damaged , that will be my next search ( I have searched for this IC but no luck up to now ).

Q82 and Q83 are basicly the same shape but nubers are different as follows.

The Q82 is a fairchild P29AH-FDS-4835 , and the Q83 is a fairchild P32AH-FDS-6680 I thought it was 66806 but no results with that , I have got a data sheet for a Fairchild FDS6680 fet .

I can't get any closer with camera , is there something on the board that you are particular looking at !! .

cheers

spike

Attachments

• FDS6680.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Are you sure that FDS-4835 is the correct part number? A good macro shot of that device would help.
Yes that IC is damaged , that will be my next search ( I have searched for this IC but no luck up to now ).
It's beginning to look like you are running out of luck here.

Hi kchriste

My camera will not zoom in ant further , I have attached a second picture , yes that is the correct number , it is very clear under the magnifier .

I may be able to get hold of a dead mobo , maybe i can salvage something , I am not one to give in , it is a bit of a challenge , but usually thats what hobbies are .

Attachments

• fds4835.jpg
    fds4835.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 219
The FDS-6680 is available from Farnell (101-7698).

The SZT01... should read OZT01J05S and is part of the charging circuit. OzMicro International are the manufacturers (maybe also a few others make them), but tracking them down or finding a datasheet will be hard.

MrB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back