Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chinese crap - Thai crap - where is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many unions (not that unions are always bad) that have bloated common grunt wages out of proportion. Too many fat workers who are accustomed to the intake that a 50 times markup on the product they produced used to have till people wisend up and tightend their budgets. Now you have to make things at just enough over cost that you actually have to pay attention to the costs associated with producing the product. That's what I see every day at least.

It's true that one of the reasons why the first world is so well of is because there are lots of poor countries with cheap labour but if we didn't buy from such countries then they'd be even poorer.

It does seem odd though that often some of the poorest countries are resource rich, often even more so than the better off countries, compare Zimbabwe with somewhere like Finland and you'll see what I mean. Political stability and bad governance is one reason why poor countries remain poor but some of today's wealthy countries were ruled by dictators 50 years ago.

It does seem odd though that often some of the poorest countries are resource rich, often even more so than the better off countries, compare Zimbabwe with somewhere like Finland and you'll see what I mean. Political stability and bad governance is one reason why poor countries remain poor but some of today's wealthy countries were ruled by dictators 50 years ago.

I am from South Africa. Our country is mineral rich and was thriving until around 16 years ago.......

The democratically elected party ruling now has stolen/broken/destroyed/abused everything that was handed to them on a plate. They were given a golden opportunity to prove that South Africa could be a shining example to the world that "black" Africans are not all like Mugabe.

Alas, after the SWC this beautiful country I live in will become yet another Zimbabwe.

You read it first here.

I am from South Africa. Our country is mineral rich and was thriving until around 16 years ago.......

The democratically elected party ruling now has stolen/broken/destroyed/abused everything that was handed to them on a plate. They were given a golden opportunity to prove that South Africa could be a shining example to the world that "black" Africans are not all like Mugabe.

Alas, after the SWC this beautiful country I live in will become yet another Zimbabwe.

You read it first here.
I suppose that you're right that a democratically elected government is not always good, just look at how poor India as well. There are other countries which are much better off but are essentially dictatorships, for example Singapore and the UAE, both are considerably better off than South Africa and India.

What do you value most freedom or wealth?

I think I'd rather live in Singapore or the UAE rather than a poor part of India or South Africa. Don't get me wrong, I value freedom but it's no good if one doesn't have access to healthcare, good education or sanitation.

I deleted my post. Don't wanna cause a racial war here.

Sat back....looked at what I had posted and realised that it would do this Forum no good.

Last edited:
That's true, not piece of consumer electronics is designed to last for a decade - it's just not economical.

Electronic devices should last a long time if you are not abusing them to the point of demolition. I have a Hong Kong-made Citizen AM/FM/clock radio that has kept time for 24 years, failing only when the AC mains fails. I built a bike trailer taillight controller that has worked for 23 years. Sadly, I also built six name-in-lights displays that lasted less than two years when the recipients discarded them - only one display lasted seven years when the recipient couldn't return it to me for repairs ( didn't know my phone number then), and also disposed of it.

Just as there are many "old Timers" onhere that take pride in keeping things going for many years past their due date, just as many people, if not more, prefer to stay on the cutting edge of technology, which admittedly changes far too fast.
I remember our first color tv...sure it lasted 15 years, but it took my dad 3 years of saving to afford it. Nows-adays people wait for a few minutes before buying a new TV..

I find that warranty bit a bit weird myself, but Boncuk said 'trust me' without posting a reference to the law, so we can pretty much throw that out the window =)

OK then, please throw this out of the window.

Non-English deleted - Moderator.

Boncuk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I used an evaparative cooler for my work place in the living room for about four months when it quit working completely two days ago.

I purchased another model (Imarflex IF555) yesterday...

properly, except for the water level indicator. That sweety indicates zero with a full tank. :)

Boncuk
We got a similar looking device, actually a dehumidifier, and it is INCREDIBLY loud! Banging on it doesn't help, I believe the compressor is going to explode some day by how it sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a consumer goods standpoint, S. Korea is the new Japan. Taiwan is the new S. Korea. China is simply messed up.... still fixated on producing "happy toys" for fast food chains.

From a consumer goods standpoint, S. Korea is the new Japan. Taiwan is the new S. Korea. China is simply messed up.... still fixated on producing "happy toys" for fast food chains.

Just google for some Chinese PCB manufacturers. They will kill themselves going for mass production solely. It's amazing what big buildings with modern machinery they have - while workers (up to 40) live on factory ground in dorms with 2square meters of private room.

Requesting a quote for a prototype board the charge is US$500 + tooling + shipping totaling to approximately US$700. The alternative is ordering 10.000 units (at least) for the price of US$0.07 each, use one of them for prototyping and dispose of 9.999.

So I order prototype boards in the "old world", in Bulgaria with one EURO-board (160X100mm) double sided with solder stop on both sides costing €32 (US$42.25).

Boncuk

Last edited:

Oh, I remember those. The cheap happy meal toys, which could possibly have lead paint on them, or they could have a trace of cadmium on them-and we happily let children use these!McDonald's Recall: 'Shrek' Glasses Contain Toxic Metal Cadmium (PHOTO) , **broken link removed** , **broken link removed** , **broken link removed**

The cheap toys keep you happy for a moment or two until they break, or you get sick from them.

!@#$ long list of recalled toys: **broken link removed**

We should start a thread and post pictures,etc.. of all this dangerous crap!

I still remember submitting a design for a consumer product to several asian and american firms for mass-production (I was going to order thousands and distribute myself). It was a wristwatch-type item.
I simply asked all the manufacturers the approximate set-up costs for the item.
All 3 US manufacturers wouldnt consider it, without a HUGE sum of money up front.
the Asian mnanufacturer came up with this pricing (remember, this is for all the set-ups needed for massmanufacturing, as well as a one-off prior to mass manufacturing for me to evaluate).
Programming/ software development- $1500.00
Electronics- $2000.00 ( all circuit board COB design, masking, display, board components)
Case/Crystal-Dont worry about it, we have molds from many past items.
Strap-Dont worry about it, we have Molds from many Past products
Packaging design/development, set up $2000.00.
Approximate cost per unit, including retail packaging, based on 10k units (VERY SHORT RUN) $00.83 per unit.

I got the names of the Asian manufacturer from a friend of mine that works at Addidas, these companies produces electronic products for them.

The funy thing is, a week later I received an email from them, with a picture of a beautiful asian model, wearing the Mock-Up of my product...they had gone ahead and designed and developed the item, in the sheer hopes that I would run with it.
I still get emails from them.
Hell if I had any chutzpah, I would have gone ahead with it, selling them with all the other high priced garbage on TV....I just didnt want a garage full of product, that may/or may not have been sold.

Last edited:
I still remember submitting a design for a consumer product to several asian and american firms for mass-production (I was going to order thousands and distribute myself). It was a wristwatch-type item.
I simply asked all the manufacturers the approximate set-up costs for the item.
All 3 US manufacturers wouldnt consider it, without a HUGE sum of money up front.
the Asian mnanufacturer came up with this pricing (remember, this is for all the set-ups needed for massmanufacturing, as well as a one-off prior to mass manufacturing for me to evaluate).
Programming/ software development- $1500.00
Electronics- $2000.00 ( all circuit board COB design, masking, display, board components)
Case/Crystal-Dont worry about it, we have molds from many past items.
Strap-Dont worry about it, we have Molds from many Past products
Packaging design/development, set up $2000.00.
Approximate cost per unit, including retail packaging, based on 10k units (VERY SHORT RUN) $00.83 per unit.

I got the names of the Asian manufacturer from a friend of mine that works at Addidas, these companies produces electronic products for them.

The funy thing is, a week later I received an email from them, with a picture of a beautiful asian model, wearing the Mock-Up of my product...they had gone ahead and designed and developed the item, in the sheer hopes that I would run with it.
I still get emails from them.
Hell if I had any chutzpah, I would have gone ahead with it, selling them with all the other high priced garbage on TV....I just didnt want a garage full of product, that may/or may not have been sold.

Preach on rfs.

Your congregation needs you more though.

Cheers

One weird person you are though.:

Join date..Sept 2010. Post count..61.

Yet you were here from the beginning of ETO though in other Posts of yours ?????

Last edited:
tvtech, this has nothing to do with the posting, or my reply to it.
Your practically becoming my stalker, falling in love with me...eh!. Im sorry, but Im taken mate, Ive got a wife and 2 kids, but there are other guys on here that may want your advances.
As I made it abundantly clear, Im not getting into a flame war with you. As I said as well...if you choose to believe that I have only been here for a month, then believe on...I really dont care.I also dont care if you think that I am weird...so be it..unlike you I really dont care what anyone here thinks of me personally. Now on to the next post. I will not be monitoring this thread for a reply, so feel free to rage on against a blank wall.
Just in case you lost count, thats posting number 62

Last edited:
Your practically becoming my stalker, falling in love with me...eh!.

That's probably what you're thinking. :confused:

Have you spent a moment of time to think about the possibility being opposite? :p

Don't worry. :)

May be love between men is common in Canada. I'm pretty sure it's not in South Africa. There is just not enough time for a time wasting "hobby".

BTW, you should file your grammar. It's unacceptable, even for a German. :D

(Example: "Your practically becoming my stalker, ..." Correct: "You're practically becoming my stalker, ...") :D

Boncuk (Not Bonkukuk!)

That's probably what you're thinking. :confused:

Have you spent a moment of time to think about the possibility being opposite? :p

Don't worry. :)

May be love between men is common in Canada. I'm pretty sure it's not in South Africa. There is just not enough time for a time wasting "hobby".

BTW, you should file your grammar. It's unacceptable, even for a German. :D

(Example: "Your practically becoming my stalker, ..." Correct: "You're practically becoming my stalker, ...") :D

Boncuk (Not Bonkukuk!)

Wow..this thread was actualy able to go cold for a few days before either you or TVTECH poked their head up and made a rediculous comment
Did ths posting actually add anything to what I said? Its pretty well a given that no matter what I post here both tvtech and you will have some sort of problem with it, and its just plain silly.
I have posted nothing so horrible that it warrants someone following me around and berating every word I write.

There is a difference between typing skills, and grammar. Although I dont have to tell ANYONE this I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis, which makes my hands sometimes painful, and hard to move. Often typing is difficult, and quite frankly, uness I see a HUGE spelling mistake, I usually dont take the time to go back and retype it...often its amazing that Im able to type anything out.
It does come and go, as MS does, but it also frequently hampers my ability to walk.
I have been told that I will eventually become fully paralyzed in all my extremedies,, and my life will be considerably shortwned by this disease...so pardon me if I type your, instead of You're or ultimatly you are, because quite frankly...it really doesnt seem important in the grand scheme of things...maybe I have a few things n my mind other than if I have offended your sensibilites with my ablity to accurately type.

Last edited:
Wow..this thread was actualy able to go cold for a few days before either you or TVTECH poked their head up and made a rediculous comment

Neither tvtech nor I have made ridiculous comments. (It's "ridiculous", not "rediculous" (red is a color))

Did ths posting actually add anything to what I said? Its pretty well a given that no matter what I post here both tvtech and you will have some sort of problem with it, and its just plain silly.
I have posted nothing so horrible that it warrants someone following me around and berating every word I write.

this posting added your tendency to attack personally when you run out of arguments, not to say you're getting abusive!

There is a difference between typing skills, and grammar. Although I dont have to tell ANYONE this I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis, which makes my hands sometimes painful, and hard to move. Often typing is difficult, and quite frankly, uness I see a HUGE spelling mistake, I usually dont take the time to go back and retype it...often its amazing that Im able to type anything out.

No matter what you are suffering from - rereading a post (and apply necessary corrections) before submitting it makes a better overall impression. I know it advance what you will reply on this: probably something like "I don't want to be impressive according to my ranking."

It does come and go, as MS does, but it also frequently hampers my ability to walk.
I have been told that I will eventually become fully paralyzed in all my extremedies,, and my life will be considerably shortwned by this disease...so pardon me if I type your, instead of You're or ultimatly you are, because quite frankly...it really doesnt seem important in the grand scheme of things...maybe I have a few things n my mind other than if I have offended your sensibilites with my ablity to accurately type.

You haven't offended my sensibilities by mistyping or by lack of proper spelling (counts in this post: 12), but you have offended tvtech - and now me as well.

It doesn't fit from my understanding if you are working with electronics, which requires precision, and perform "sloppy" when it comes to postings.

Here is a good hint to avoid typos and compadres: Install windows service pack3. It has a built in spell checker even working when you are posting in the forum. :)

Boncuk

Boncuk, this is getting rediculous. I think that its about time to let go whatver the hell I said in the past. Im not certain why you think that you are a self-professed policeman for this forum...but there are others who have that job and are far better at it than you.
Somehow you think that following me around harassing me about every little thing I say is going to do something, your right...eventually it will get you banned. After 86 postings, all with mistakes, so far you are the only one that is so upset about my spelling, grammer and mistakes as to cut and paste specific sentences and words to correct. I think that TVTECH is more than capable of speaking for himself, and if he is offended by me, or anything that I have said, he has the same abilities as everyone else in this forum to complain about members or their postings. Nobody needs anyone else to fight their battles for them, although it does give you a handy-dandy excuse to rant about me, no matter what I say.
Whatever major bug you have up your ass about me, I am not going away...and like most pests I think the best way to deal with you is simply to ignore you, and your boyfriend. I will no longer reply to anything you say, no matter what you say, and eventually everyone will get as tired of your rants as I have become. More than likely, like a petulent child, me ignoring you will enrage you totally out of proportion (like a rant about spelling, in a forum where nobody else seems to care about spelling), and you really will cross the line, and get bounced off.
I am no longer monitoing this thread, so please feel free to stupidly rage on, and on... against a blank wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back