Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chemelec

Status
Not open for further replies.

earckens

This morning I received news from Gary's wife, in reponse to a mail I wrote to "Chemelec" a week ago, that Gary had passed away on November 7th.

This terrible news is shared here so that all of you are aware of what happened to this most fantastic, warm hearted and knowledgeable person. Gary's wife asked me to share this news on the fora where he was active (I only know of this forum).

My thoughts will be with him and his family.

Sad news indeed, condolences to Gary's family.

I chatted about electronics with Gary over the years. He did a favour for me a few years ago when he sent me a disc with a program for my computer.
He lived in the mountains in British Columbia in Canada. Maybe the recent storms caused him much stress.
A month or two ago I think he was selling many of his electronics parts so I guess he knew the end was near (I did not want to ask him). I hope he passed away peacefully.

This morning I received news from Gary's wife, in reponse to a mail I wrote to "Chemelec" a week ago, that Gary had passed away on November 7th.

This terrible news is shared here so that all of you are aware of what happened to this most fantastic, warm hearted and knowledgeable person. Gary's wife asked me to share this news on the fora where he was active (I only know of this forum).

My thoughts will be with him and his family.
Found a few other forums he was a member of:
www.diyaudio.com
www.electronicspoint.com
www.edaboard.com

Shame.
Thoughts go to him & anyone else who liked him.
I've built at least one if his projects, and had some help on others.

RIP Gary. Condolences to your family.

Me-Snow2.jpg

I'm :( :(

Such a nice human being. Always just Gary. He loved his camping and Canada. I followed his website for many years. His photos of his holidays and just taking his camera with for photos.

Gary loved taking photos. Even his posts here with circuit diagrams involved him drawing them and taking a photo. Always so neatly drawn.

I'm so sorry I never got to meet him.
Rest well Gary. You were an inspiration to me.

Condolences to his friends and family. Gary was just one of those people I would define as a naturally good guy. The sort of person who was just naturally giving.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back