Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

checking of SCRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangel

any chace I can check SCRs the same way I can check transistor or diods, with multimeter ??

I have a flat pc monitor that is not working, it is turning on for a few miliseconds and then goes of for a few seconds and so on. I check most of the stuff there, and found one SCRs were I lower the gate resistor it increase the time that monitor is on

this is SCRs that I have there, MCR100-6

resistance between G and A is different that between G and C (not like in other SCR'S that I have there, were it is the same

I know I can buy it on ebay for about 6$, but still it takes time to package to arive from china

Any wat I can check this SCR's by "regular" methods ?

SCR need two diode drops to keep them latched.

Most multimeters do not provide enough voltage in ohms function to keep SCR's latched. The voltage present on multimeter leads is usually dependent on what ohms scale is being used.

my multmeter have a special palce for checking diods, so I have no problem checking diods or transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back