Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap low power character or graphic LCD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattee

Hi guys, I would like to ask for your suggestions regarding any LCD's that requires only low power. I am planning to have it battery operated and would definitely help if it consumes only small amount of juice. Thanks!:)

Since the biggest current hog is the back light, look for a transflective or reflective LCD which doesn't need a back light.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I would like to ask for your suggestions regarding any LCD's that requires only low power. I am planning to have it battery operated and would definitely help if it consumes only small amount of juice. Thanks!:)
Dipmicro has Nokia 7110 96x64 graphic LCDs for $3 each. Nice displays, and real easy to use. They work better with a backlight, but look quite acceptable without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back