Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap Humidity Sensor w/ Resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
tnx about suggestions with regards to sraping, but what about what i did?
[please refer to mt last post above]

-carl-

Hi krazatchu,

did you already perform some ageing tests? I'm afraid a result won't be repeatable after a while.

Boncuk

hi

hi,
im very interested in your humidity sensor, i would like to ask you, did you ever tried to connect it to PLC(programmable Logic Circuit)??
we tried your circuit, it is working, but how can we know if moisture is increasing or decreasing..
it is our primarily problem, we used your circuit as a sensor for server room.

hello,

hi krazatchu,

i need details on your humidity sensor.. it is very helpful to our project.. plz help us..

bray..

hi,
im very interested in your humidity sensor, i would like to ask you, did you ever tried to connect it to PLC(programmable Logic Circuit)??
we tried your circuit, it is working, but how can we know if moisture is increasing or decreasing..
it is our primarily problem, we used your circuit as a sensor for server room.

You need to calibrate it with a known humidity level. Set it up alongside a calibrated humidity gauge, and measure the resistance of your home made sensor.

Bray,

I wouldn't recommend this for any serious measurement...
There are numerous possible sources of error...

In your case (server room), temperature will prolly have a dramatic effect...
At the very least, the polarity thru the bridge should be alternating...

I would recommend the SHT10 or SHT11 parts...
They are capacitive pre-calibrated humidity sensors including a temperature sensor...
The interface is serial, you can find a control library on AVRfreaks.com...

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back