Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap bulk LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

hey,

I'm looking for about 200 LEDs (high brighness, ~8000mcd) of each colour in red, blue and green. I'm wondering where I could get these reasonably cheap. I understand you can usually get great deals on cheap Chinese trashy LEDs - they don't need to be perfect, I will be able to replace them if they burn out and they will be slightly diffused.

So anyone know of good suppliers?
computer

https://www.futurlec.com It takes about 2 weeks to get stuff shipped to the US from them. They have tricolored LEDs there too, if you would like the RGB all in one bulb.

All of those are ok, but a lot of their ultrabright LEDs range at almost a dollar an LED (All Electronic's Ultra Blue is $1.75 each!).

If I'm buying 200 of each this will be very expensive! There is www.besthongkong.com has the best deal so far, I don't really mind if they are not as good quality as I can easily replace them, etc.

In order to get bright LEDs you have to spend a little cash.

I maid a 420 Led clock that used ultra bright LED's
and the only color's I used were blu and white.

Also they give you discounts on 100 or over so it is actually less then $1.75

Try this website it has LED's for a cheap price

you can get
red
yellow
green

there price for a 100 pack is only $1.95

that meen the price for all three in the amount you want would only be $11.07 now all you got to worry about is the blue.

https://www.mpja.com/

Having specs on them is very important. If you get a batch on eBay and run over their rated current because they didn't give it to you, they lose output permanently and may burn out. Not just one, they'll all degrade together.

Note that this is buttloads of assembly work. Thus you don't want to screw it up.

Also when you work in the assembly issues, you may find it cheaper to go with a higher powered device. Superflux LEDs are much more powerful than normal LEDs, and a Lamina Light Engine ($10-$20) has the power of buttloads of LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back