Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chat User name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

May I suggest that the change chat user name function be removed from the chat area? It has caused problems in the past...

Thanks

Just a simple Chat room related curiosity here.
Could a simple indicator be added by the chat room button that would show how many people are there at any moment?
Just a simple numerical indicator of the total people I think would be fine.

Just a simple Chat room related curiosity here.
Could a simple indicator be added by the chat room button that would show how many people are there at any moment?
Just a simple numerical indicator of the total people I think would be fine.

hi tcm [Gday]

Problem is a number of members just sit on the Chat, you think they are there and your'e talking to yourself...:rolleyes:

Hi Eric :)
Who are the persons just sit over there in chat? Kick them out ;)
The ghosts are created when users just close the chat window rather than clicking on "Log out". They are removed when we see "X logged out[Time out]!. This can also happen when somebody keep idle for a prolonged period..

I dont know much about the way the chat room system works but why does it not automatically pick up on it when someone leaves wit out signing out? I know many web sites automaticaly sign you out if you leave a page even if your still in the main web site itself.

The chat app isn't particularly sophisticated.

Neither am I. :D

It's pretty possible anyway!
I could tell two options technically. One is to call a function on window onclose event that'll automatically fire a "log out" button click before the page terminates.;)
Chatroom is based on Ajax engine..it should be easy to unload the user session by server side javascript!! Everything upto EM, not me;)

Hi Eric :)
Who are the persons just sit over there in chat? Kick them out ;)
Mostly me.

If we had the suggested counter it would be a problem. We don't.

A number of members log in look to see who is chatting and leave. There is nothing wrong with that, but it suggest to me that people would like to know who is on chat without logging in.

The main area is public. If you want a less public chat use a private channel, or one of the other public channels.

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back