Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chat save to file

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
There is no easy way to save a chat session to a file.
Control-A does not work as expected in the chat window so your only choice is to drag over the entire chat session prior to control-c copy.

A button to do the copy would be nice.

+1 to that!

Just to get my head around this, why would you need to copy the chat contents? For reporting it? For coping code?

For example, lately 3v0 has been helping be with a few of my projects, and there are some things that he explains that would be good for me to have a copy of. It would be nice to be able to look back on his explanations. Being able to take a copy of the chat conversation would be very helpful for future reference.

Last edited:
Mostly what DerStorm8 said. When we help people it would be a good thing if they could copy the chat session and go back over it.

Here comes the other shoe. If it existed I might organize more formal session on various subjects. The chat could be posted to a thread and people who missed the chat could read it and people who took part could keep it as notes.

I also think this is a good idea, many times i have got help in the chat only to forget some of what i had been told later on and had to ask again.

I have copied chat in the past. When one is learning from another individual, some instructions can go on for a period of and hour or so, more or less. Depending on how many conversations are going on at the same time. It is a plus to be able to go back and reference technical instruction or pointers.

I don't have "all the timers"(sic) but do have sometimers.

Some instruction is step critical.

I vote for chat log capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back