Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chat - Auto logout

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

When I try to access the chat room form my home PC, I'm logged off almost immediately. I thought it was because of the version of Firefox used, but I managed to see the chat window just before being logged out again and it had an error message like "Invalid IP address".

(BTW, I’ve also tried using my Laptop at home and get the same error, whereas at work when using the laptop, I gain full access to the chat room and have been chatting there for a while)

According to the url My-IP-Address my IP is in the 196.25.xxx.xxx range. This is an IP assigned by my internet service provider, and is not the same IP as what my NIC is assigned from my ADSL Router. (PC network set to automatically get IP address from DHCP).

There's obviously nothing I can do to change the service provided IP address, but if so, to what address range does it need to be set before I will be allowed to gain access again to "Chat"?

Any other ideas as to why I’m not able to login to the “Chat” room?

If you click the little symbol next to the word chat it opens a new window. Maybe you have a popup blocker.

One peeve I have found with the chat if you dont chat talk for a while the chat auto logs you out. Anyway I'm in chat now an sittin back after a hard days work so come on in.

Cheers Bryan

I've tried all of that. Even used IE6 i.s.o Firefox but still the same result over and over.

When I open the url "https://www.electro-tech-online.com/chat" I can see (for a very short time ~ 2-3 seconds) the online users, but then I get diverted back to "https://www.electro-tech-online.com/chat/?logout=true".

I don't know if this has much bearing on the thread that bryan1 is trying to point out, but I get logged out in a matter "milli" seconds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back