Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Guy's,
The forum does have a chat room and to date since I've been active again only a few of the chat friends I had from years ago still go there. The way see it if your reading the forum whynot come into chat where one can speak their mind and have a good social chat or a chat about anything.

Regards Bryan

<RANT>

Now with that site mod issue why not take the issue to chat( use a meeting room) and leave it open so people can comment and it's off the main forum view for new members. What member would want to join when all they can see is the main topic is members questioning the way this forum is run????

I have looked at this forum since lunchtime and not many posts where a few years ago there would of been 100's so yes I can see where things are going wrong. We as Mod's back then should of in the end banned one more member as that one is causing this forum to be close to ground on a big hill

</RANT>

Well as one can see that above rant is pointed at that pointless thread to derail this forum so why not take it to chat and leave the forum to move on.

just hide this post from non members, no need to go into chat. chatroom would not help, as you type the screen scrolls and i gets disjointed.
if your worried about non members seeing it then just close the thread to non members, or temporary make the lounge a member only area for now.
For someone that hasnt been active for ages i dont get why your so adimant that it should be hidden???
and for the record i was hoping we had gone past the bashing stage, ok we get it, you have a problem with a member, but is it relevant to this thread? he is doing a good job so far, you said your bit and thats fine. no need to keep on. your point has been noted.
not having a go bryan but, it is starting to look like a vendetta

Can we keep potential trolls out of the members area ? Maybe make the members area invisible until invited by another member ?

It would be a handy place to discuss issues such as this ?

Well whomever he is lets hope he never gets voted into a moderators position. :p

Personally I was never much for using the chat room system. I can't type fast worth a darn plus so many conversations just dropped out right in the middle when people would lose their connection. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back