Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Character LCD Simulation in Proteus ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradhr

Hi,

I am new to Proteus ISIS and making one simple project of displaying two lines on character LCD:
"Hello World", "123456".

I am using Microchip MPLAB IDE, PIC16F877 and LCD HD44780.
I made simple code and tried to simulate it on LCD but having two problems in displaying:
The first character of the first line does not display.
The second line does not display at all.

I have checked my code but code seems ok.
It is also giving one warning message.
I have attached the circuit diagram, Warning Message and C files with this message.

Please help me to understand the Proteus. How can I reach to the cause of the problem etc.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• LCD_Prj_Upload.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,325
Hi pradhr

I have same problem.
I can display only odd characters like "acegikm" or "13579"... if I use character like "2" or "b" the LCD not display at all.

I supouse that is a Proteus problem or configuration

Regards

Santiagus

The first character of the first line does not display.

I remember I had the same problem once using Proteus. But the problem was nothing to do with Proteus, it was my code. If I recall correctly, it was because I left out a delay I used while the LCD is busy.

Also, looking at the warning message it clearly states you are sending commands to the LCD while it is busy.

Santiagus said:
I supouse that is a Proteus problem or configuration

It's not a problem with Proteus.

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 14,884
Help

@ Colin Mac:
Sir can you please send me the program code for the same circuit you have attached herewith. send me at "bakshish.singh27@gmail.com"
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back