Character LCD Simulation in Proteus ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradhr

Hi,

I am new to Proteus ISIS and making one simple project of displaying two lines on character LCD:
"Hello World", "123456".

I am using Microchip MPLAB IDE, PIC16F877 and LCD HD44780.
I made simple code and tried to simulate it on LCD but having two problems in displaying:
The first character of the first line does not display.
The second line does not display at all.

I have checked my code but code seems ok.
It is also giving one warning message.
I have attached the circuit diagram, Warning Message and C files with this message.

Please help me to understand the Proteus. How can I reach to the cause of the problem etc.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• LCD_Prj_Upload.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,330
Hi pradhr

I have same problem.
I can display only odd characters like "acegikm" or "13579"... if I use character like "2" or "b" the LCD not display at all.

I supouse that is a Proteus problem or configuration

Regards

Santiagus

The first character of the first line does not display.

I remember I had the same problem once using Proteus. But the problem was nothing to do with Proteus, it was my code. If I recall correctly, it was because I left out a delay I used while the LCD is busy.

Also, looking at the warning message it clearly states you are sending commands to the LCD while it is busy.

Santiagus said:
I supouse that is a Proteus problem or configuration

It's not a problem with Proteus.

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 14,890
Hi

Try to add 10k resistor between pin RS from LCD1 and VDD. This simple resistor solve my problems.

Regards

Help

@ Colin Mac:
Sir can you please send me the program code for the same circuit you have attached herewith. send me at "bakshish.singh27@gmail.com"
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…