Change camcorder's frames per second...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

I have an old Canon mini-DV recorder and I was wondering it it would be possible to _easily_ change the recording 'speed'
I would be interested in changing the frequency to 1 frame per minute (!!)
is this likely to be possible?

I have an old Canon mini-DV recorder and I was wondering it it would be possible to _easily_ change the recording 'speed'
I would be interested in changing the frequency to 1 frame per minute (!!)
is this likely to be possible?

No, it wouldn't. It would require re-writing the software, which would be practically impossible.

If you are planning to perform a "time lapse" function, this is done with a still-photo camera and an intervalometer to trigger the camera at preset periods. Then using some video editing software, you assemble the still photos into a "movie".

so dump the movie down to an editor and select one frame per minute, that's something that is easily script-able too.

so dump the movie down to an editor and select one frame per minute, that's something that is easily script-able too.
That could require a lot of storage if say, you wanted to do a weeks worth of time lapse.

Do not re-invent the wheel. Time lapse photography has been around for a while and there are tons of info, ready made kits too. google it.

Thanks everyone - yes, it was for time lapse phototgraphy purposes
I was wondering if it could have been something as silly as changing a clock frequency or something.
Its a shame as it would just work so well - you could leave it with a mini dv tape for weeks at a time - so small and compact.
I guess I'll just have to go do it the proper way - thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…