Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceramic mic, 8 ohm speaker, 9v, in need of an amp circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if i use this preamp with the circuit you provided before it should work right?

We don't know what is the sensitivity of your obsolete ceramic mic. So we don't know how loud you need to scream at it.

A FET preamp (used for a guitar) is a much simpler circuit and can have some gain.

So i could use this FET preamp and it would increase my decibels considerably?

A FET preamp has a max gain of about 20 which is 26 decibels.
Here is a FET preamp with an adjustable gain control:

Attachments

• guitar preamp with gain control.PNG
    guitar preamp with gain control.PNG
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,122
I'll try this one. I'll tell you what happens. But there is only one wire leading to output... would I connect the other wire to the ground?

Last edited:
Wow. This is a lot of help for what seems to be an unlikely project anyone would ever find useful. LOL. I thought people were going to call him out for posting a phoney (Pardon the pun ) , project.

But here everyone's taking him seriously!!!

LMAO

The grounds must be connected together for the signal and for the 0V of the power supply.

Ok. Thanks for all the help guru and chippie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back