Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cd4510 up/down counter help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Hi can someone help me on building a simple up down counter.. I am using cd4510 so is it requred to use cd4511 as the decoder to 7 segment and is it possible to use ldr as my input instead of switch?if i use hcf4510 does it work well with 74ls47?

Last edited:
there was a simple reason why there shouldn't be mixed threshold levels in the digital signal path . . . some of whitch may have been
  • driving power hungry logic from weak power cmos output just fails (threshold-level independent) coz F̅·dt=d(m̅·v̅) , A=U·dq=F·dr·dq=E=P·dt=m·c² from where P=f·A=f·q·U=f·F·dr e.g. the more power is required to 1) complete work "A" faster , 2) to complete more work "A" in given time "t"=N·dt=1/"f" , 3) to transfer more charge - "q" (electrons) , 4) change current "I"·dt="q" at greater slope (if ← dt is fixed then the greater the q the greater the I) , 5) change voltage "U" at greater slope , 6) move anything around "F·dr" faster as F̅·dt=d(m̅·v̅) -- the grater the "F" the greater the speed "v" or it's mass "m" or then move anything around "F·dr" further as -- the grater the distance "r" the more power it takes to transfer it there ...
so it's advised to use logic level converters where the timing requires
has Vdd 5V specified at it's datasheet -- simple test is to see if ones output can drive anothers output R2R not getting extremely hot by that in longer run ???

This one is the simplest I can get from google images..
It was for 3 digit but you just need to make 1/3 of the schematics. Hi/Low pulses enter the clock input would make it count.

2806-5fc05d8e.gif

Welcome.
Might be woth having a look at a 4026, as it has a counter and display driver built in.

Here's another example.

Attachments

• U-D-Counter2-Ckt.png
    U-D-Counter2-Ckt.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 289
  • U-D-Counter2-Sim.png
    U-D-Counter2-Sim.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips