Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CD4060 & Multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

doom49

I am trying a monostable circuit for large delays that uses a CD4060.

This is the circuit
I tested it on a experimental plate and works fine, but I do not succeed
to simulate it with Multisim 9.

The I.C. is present in the Multisim library but, after to have created the outline,
when i start the simulation nothing :( happens, all the outputs are immovable.

I need a suggestion from a user of Multisim,
Thanks, Roby.

Why are you worried about Multisim?

There are plenty of circuits that won't work in simulators but work in real life. Your circuit works when you build it so it doesn't matter what the simulator says.

Also we'd attatch the image rather than using your own hosting site. Only do that if you can't attach it for some reason.

Attachments

• 4060mono.GIF
    4060mono.GIF
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,151
Your circuit works when you build it so it doesn't matter what the simulator says.

Not so easy, the monostable is just a little part of a more complex circuit that i like to simulate before to make it. However what is the purpose of Microsim & Co?

Bye :eek: Roby

Of course the 4060 doesn't work. It isn't powered. The stupid sim program should have said so.

It took a few minutes of my life for ImageShack to get its server's brains together and display the schematic and a bunch of pop-ups that was uploaded over there. The schematic that is attached here shows instantly.

I like to think of it as imagesmack

why simulate it? we're talking less than a dollar worth of parts, just build it. so what if you smoke it?? besides, you have to do that at least once as part of a rite-of-passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back