Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cd4051 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam29

dear all
i am designing a simpel temperature based circuit in which i am using 8051 , 12 bit adc,opamp stage, and cd4051 for analog muxltiplexing of the gains.

i am trying to design a programmable gain amplifier.

now the problem is when i connect cd4051 with opamp the resistances (8) get added in parallel to each other and i am not able to select only one resistance.my opamp is running on 5 volts supply.and cd 4051 alos is running on 5 volts.

wht might be the error.

Attachments

• pga JPG.JPG
    pga JPG.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 925
If the CD4051 has pin 6, pin 7 and pin 8 grounded, then it is wired for a single supply and should work.
But the OP07 has a very limited input voltage range, near half the supply voltage. It would work much better if it has a negative 5V supply in addition to its positive 5V supply.

Some things to keep in mind:
1. The resistance of the CD4051 can be as high as 1000 ohms.
2. The input signal, when the OP07 is powered by a single 5 volt supply, must be between +2 and +3 volts.
3. The OP07 output does not have any range at all in the worst case.
You might want to try the OPA340PA from Texas Instruments (DigiKey stocks it).

sorry i was wrong the power supply to opamp is +15volts to _15 volts. i ahve tried running cd4051 qith all possible supply voltages ,ie. +15 volts and 5 volts ..still not able to get the answer

Russlk said:
What is the value of the resistor to ground? 47K would give a gain of 2, max.
No, R8 is 220k. So if the resistor to ground is 47k then the max gain is 220/47 + 1= 5.68.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back