Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CD Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

beirao

Hi all,

I have a car radio and the cd driver is not working. I disassembled and I verified that the mechanism does not engage the gearwheel to down the CD. Can someone help please?

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_104437.jpg
    IMG_20201121_104437.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 167
It looks like the nut came off of the screw at the bottom of your circle. From one photo, it appears to me that the gear has then lifted up and no longer meshes with the rest of the gears in the system.

Thanks by your answer. Is possible, I did find a lost screw on CD driver. I am a nebbie in this system, can you explain where do you think that is the screw? Thank you a lot

It appears to be a slot-load drive.

The mechanism to clamp a disc should not engage until some sensor at the back of the mechanism detects a disc has been pulled in and is in the correct location for the centre spindle to engage.

Can you actually see that highlighted gear turning without engaging the rack? I'd expect it to have a smaller pinion on the underside for that, rather than the upper part engaging direct; that's the bit the oncoming drive from the other gears connects to.

If I'm looking at the same screw thread as Gophert, I'd say that is attaching something to the chassis and the visible end is just excess thread beyond a threaded hole in the metalwork.

Thanks by your answer.
The CD goes to the right position.
I attach more photos.

When CD goes to the right position, I need push the mechanism (at top of CD driver) for mechanism engage the gearwheel.
I did find a screw lost at CD Driver, but don´t see where is the position.

Attachments

• IMG_20201123_100734.jpg
    IMG_20201123_100734.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20201123_100743.jpg
    IMG_20201123_100743.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20201123_100727.jpg
    IMG_20201123_100727.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 151
The situation is this:

when I put the CD, it goes to right position. However,the mechanism (marked with number 1 on picture) needs a small hand help to put the mechanism (marked with number 2) on position. Without help, the mechanism stays near but not on position.

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_104437.jpg
    IMG_20201121_104437.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20201123_124832.jpg
    IMG_20201123_124832.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 151
At some point, materials fail, mechanisms bind and the device is ready for the trash heap. The fact that the folded table has pulled out of position means any repair will be short-lived. You might want to consider a subscription to a music streaming service. I've been super satisfied with Spotify.

Thanks by your answers.

The belt is ok.

If I put a small piece of plastic attach to mechanism (where the CD touch) it´s works wel... but is a bad solution :D

It sounds like something worn or bent?

Can you see what that part operates further in the mechanism and adjust it somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back