Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cd audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faisal__saf

I am tring to make thr cd rom (use d in comnputer) to ma ke it as an audio cd player,and i know how to make this
but i dont know to make in tha condition i want to make
i want to make it by using a car battry or an addaptor of 12v and the cd player needs 5&12 v.. so can i connect 12 v supply to 12 v of cd rom and connect 10 in4001 diodes to make 5 v and connect to 5v input of cd rom.
and is it possible to take the audio out put from the back pannel of cd rom there are to out puts digital and analoge can i use them
or is there any possiplity to make the cd rom as an mp3 player

thankyou all

Wiring the CD-ROM in a Car

To begin with a cars voltage can vary and go higher than 12.
To wire the CD-ROM in the car I would use voltage regulators to make certain the voltage is consistant. So get a 12V and a 5V regulator (for example 78M05 and 78M12).

The audio output in the back of the CD-ROM can be used (I don't kow anything about the digital output) but I don't think it is amplified. This is good if you are feeding that to another device with "Line In".

MP3 Player is way out of the CDROM's league. You would need to build an IDE interface to the CDROM which would lead to a device that could read the drive and then interpret the MP3 Data back into music.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Hi Faisal__saf,

I have to argue with bculver on the 12 volt question... I don't think you need a 12 regulator ....7812's need a minimum of 14 volts or so to operate.

(no oFfense bculver :)

Your setup should run on 12 volts ok and 5 volts supplied through a 5 volt reg. as you said . the rest of it up to you

good luck on your project.... keep us informed

I actually had a cd rom running in my car and I did have a regulator for both the 12v and the 5v line (was afraid the car's 12v would be too noisy otherwise).

It worked beautifully and the cd roms resistence to skips was impecable.
Pity someone decided to steal it :(

Thankyou to all of you to htese helps

as u said that you made one did you used a regulator or diodes like me??
and is your player plays mp3 also??
if yes do you have the circuit for IDE interface?
and can i take the audio out from the front or it is possible to take from rear...
thanx...

To avoid noise and overvoltage problems, You can use LDO (low dropout) type voltage regulator in 12V line. It work perfect with 0.6...0.3V in-out difference.

yeah i put a cd rom drive in my car when i was poor and couldn't afford a cd player deck and had a spare cd rom drive. they're pretty good - mine didn't even skip much! i used the 12V and 5V regulators bolted back to back to a heatsink. i opened up the CD drive and my tape deck which had a cd input on the back and tapped into the phones out on CD and CD in on tape deck, ran the wires around the back and put the cases back on. the only thing to remember is that the CD input jack on the tape deck has a switch to switch to CD, this needs to be shorted, or put a switch in a panel in your car (this is what i did) incase you want to use the tape and radio as well. Good luck mate.

CD rom drives are great coz they'll read CD-RW discs as well. unfortunately, its really hard to make it read MP3s. probly cheeper and easier to buy one.

Good luck mate.

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back