Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CC2430 with 8051 and zigbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

307pavlos

Hello guys, ok here's my question. We teamed up with other students in my university and we're trying to make a research on WSNs (Wireless Sensor Networks).
We're on our way to create a program that will make temperature monitoring possible to wirelessly transmit to a PC.

The protocol is used to setup the network is the wifi ZigBee protocol. The problem is that we have no idea where to look and study how to program this 8051 microcontroller to do these calculations! Anyone with experience is welcome to help :)

Thank you in advance!

As I said in chat, there are a lot of languages to program the 8051 in. Assembly, C, and BASIC are the most popular. For programing in Assembly, **broken link removed** is a link to a site that has the instruction set for 8051 assembly. For programing in BASIC, it really comes down to the compiler you use, each one is a bit different. Programing in C would most likely be the fastest way, but I won't be able to help you with that.

As for getting the software onto the device, you have to force the controller into program mode. In that PDF I gave you it talked about how to do this software wise. Hardware wise, try looking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back