Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cat scarer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have built a mosquito repeller kit in highschool. It uses a 555 timer. The circuit was simple. The ultrasonic noise could hardly be detected by human ear...though I can hear it but others can't for some reasons.

I forgot what was its frequency, but if you search around I bet you can find similiar schematic and twist into the right frequency to scare the hell out of those cats.

....how about RATS repeller ? lol I have quite a few rodents roaming abouts.

Had another thought about this last night ........

Our rabbit spots the cats before a PIR would and goes crazy thumping his hutch (great at 3am !!!!).

If I tied a piezoelectric shock sensor to the bottom of his hutch to pick up his thumping and tied it to a series of water sprinklers in the garden, when he spots a cat he will thump his hutch, turn on the sprinklers and soak the cats.

Would have to be fed from a water butt or similar as we're on a water meter here :p

The best way to scare cats is to use a PIR activated water sprinkler. Cats hate getting wet and this is the only thing that will work and continiue to work.

kittydog42 said:
Cats are not stupid. If you do not add a dynamic element to the disturbance that this device generates, the cat will eventually catch wise and ignore it.

If this is for dogs, then disregard the above summation.

Not all cats are smart...

I agree with kittydog42, unless the cat is braindamaged, it will get used to the noise and ignore it. The only way to keep the cat away is to make it so loud it hurts, but that might not be a good idea as it could deafen it!

Papabravo said:
I believe that your device is both immoral and unethical. Why do you seek to inflict distress on an animal who offers no threat or injury. What gives you the right?

I think this is a repeat of the response I had a while back when I posted a request for info about an electric shocker for cats!! Papabravo must have it ready to cut and paste!!!

I do have the right to use my garden for my own pleasure, without having to dodge catshit!:mad:
I will use any and all LEGAL means to discourage the buggers!:rolleyes:
I am only going to reciprocate the distress I feel after stepping on a fresh cat turd.:D

The electric fence I built actually keeps the local felines out!:D :D

I agree, loud is loud, whether you can hear it or not. You put yourself at risk for hearing damage. Most animals will run the first few times, but eventually they will need a more tangible threat (its a noisy world).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back