Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cascaded counters question HELP PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalnomad

I have designed a casceded parallel load counter, and I need some information of how to accuracy of the cct is affected. i now some options that due to cascaded counters if there is a 'glitch' in the first one, then this will effewct the rest, etc.
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME give me some factors which affect cascced counters and maybe a reason on how they can be improved
THANK YOU

I have designed a casceded parallel load counter, and I need some information of how to accuracy of the cct is affected. i now some options that due to cascaded counters if there is a 'glitch' in the first one, then this will effewct the rest, etc.
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME give me some factors which affect cascced counters and maybe a reason on how they can be improved
THANK YOU

hi,
Which type of counter are you using, post the model number.?

How many counters and at what frequency are you clocking.?

EDIT:
If its the counter circuit I helped you with this week, then the LS192 are synchronous counter are glitch free.

Last edited:
hi,
Which type of counter are you using, post the model number.?

How many counters and at what frequency are you clocking.?

EDIT:
If its the counter circuit I helped you with this week, then the LS192 are synchronous counter are glitch free.

yes it is the same countr, but I did not use the LS I used, the HC.
when i simualated the results I found a glitch. you can see it in the attachment,
i know you have to use a strobe, but i am not familiar with it and do not know how i can connect it on proteus.

and i used freq 1Hz only
thnkx

Attachments

• glitch..jpg
    glitch..jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
yes it is the same countr, but I did not use the LS I used, the HC.
when i simualated the results I found a glitch. you can see it in the attachment,
i know you have to use a strobe, but i am not familiar with it and do not know how i can connect it on proteus.

and i used freq 1Hz only
thnkx

hi,
Thats not a glitch, thats the /PL pulse that reloads the counters with the bit switches.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back