Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car lock system forced to be unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi all,

This is the normal behavior of my car lock system:
Once the first time break pedal being stepped after the engine start up, the car lock system will lock the doors. Until the engine is turned off by twisting the key, the car will be unlocked.

Here's what happen after a road accident:
As usual the doors will be locked after the first break. But now in the sudden while I'm driving, the car lock get unlocked with no reason. Even I push it to lock the door, immediately it pops up and gets unlocked. Until I turn off the engine, the car lock "toggle" and lock the car doors. Sometimes it behaves like this and sometimes normally.

I went to the repair man but this damn car lock system work correctly during his diagnosis. He suspected that the problem comes from the alarm system, but with no guarantee.
I doubt that. I opened the alarm system and found that those are just RF module with some logic switches and relay. The car lock system is connected to it, as well as some other wires. Also I found that during some event (such as break, engine stop), signals will be sent into the alarm system and it will then control the car lock.
Now I suspect that something else is telling the alarm system to lock the doors. I couldn't figure out because there are so many wires connected to the alarm system.

Does anyone know what event will cause the door to be forced unlocked even you push it to lock?

Thanks

Hi there,

Exactly is Perodua Kelisa. I'm from Taiping but now staying in Penang. I don't often see Malaysian here, nice to meet you :)

Hi.

Obciously after your accident a line have been accidently conected somewhere else. Apparently the problem acts up when driving. As you know one of the signals of the locking system is by pulsing to earth, it's common to make mistakes here. Otherwise without a diagram and the fact that the alarm system is in the middle it would be hard to spot the problem.

Hi,

Well there is no diagram that I could provide. Probably I can take a picture of the alarm system.
That's why I was asking anyone experienced in this field can provide the information regarding the event that causing the car lock to be forced unlocked.

Thanks

I just bought a 2000 Grand Prix, about 2 weeks ago. This is my first, fully loaded vehicle, and still learning. My doors automatically lock, when I shift out of Park, but can only shift with my foot holding down on the brake pedal. The doors unlock when you shift into park. Not sure about the alarm yet, did go of twice. First time, I was just messing around, trying to get it to go off, had to tap on the dash a few times, the horn beeped twice, lights flashed. Second time, just got home from work, was gathering my stuff, getting ready to exit the car, when the alarm went off. Pushing buttons on the remote didn't shut it down, putting the key in the ignition, didn't do it either, pushed the lock button on the door, and it stopped. Should probably read the manual sometime...

Was wondering if your remote could be causing the problem, maybe weak battery, worn buttons. Would also go through and check as many connectors as you can find, see if any came loose. You didn't mention what car, or particulars of the accident. Might help use figure out what may be damaged. I had to replace both passenger side power window regulators/motors, which entailed removing the door panels, and several wire connectors. On the front door, the window switch came apart, rather than disconnect. Fortunately, it wasn't too tough to get it back together, but did learn that you can't operate the window, from the driver's side, without the passenger's side switch connected... Door locks could be the same way. Also have a child safety feature, which disables the windows and locks buttons, except for the driver's buttons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back