car central locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to install central locking in my car.
I installed the latch(relay or solinoid) to the door.
To make it work I need to reverse the polarity.
that means, need to apply +12V to operate (one direction), Need to reverse the polarity to operatr into other direction.

My question is any simple way to togle the polarity every time I lock and unlock.

I have a alarm circuit but it has contact normaly closed and normaly open
when I press unlock button, contacts operates and come back to original position in seconds.

Any idea how to make a togle switch to operate my door lach.

Many thanks in advance

Is it a remote lock or what? Cuz if it's just a switch in the car all you'd need is a double pole quadruple throw switch I think.

This is remote lock. Remote part can operate one part of the switch. I need a interface in between the remote switch and the door latch.

here is the a diagram of switch wiring i uses to reverse polarity to small motors just use the proper switch rating for the load.
**broken link removed**

Thank everybody, I solved the problem.
Dear Mahinda Jayasinghe,
i have the same problem you had with a car central locking i can not find how to revers the polarity. Can you please help by sending me the circuit you used.
Thank you
Charles Bonanno

Last edited:
Hello every one, I have a problem with a car cenral locking system the soliniod has 2 wires and you need to revers the polarity for it to open or close. I want it to be operated by the same remote control pulse for opening and closing the door.
Can any one help please with a diagram.
Thank you
Charles Bonanno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…