Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car central locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to install central locking in my car.
I installed the latch(relay or solinoid) to the door.
To make it work I need to reverse the polarity.
that means, need to apply +12V to operate (one direction), Need to reverse the polarity to operatr into other direction.

My question is any simple way to togle the polarity every time I lock and unlock.

I have a alarm circuit but it has contact normaly closed and normaly open
when I press unlock button, contacts operates and come back to original position in seconds.

Any idea how to make a togle switch to operate my door lach.

Many thanks in advance

Is it a remote lock or what? Cuz if it's just a switch in the car all you'd need is a double pole quadruple throw switch I think.

here is the a diagram of switch wiring i uses to reverse polarity to small motors just use the proper switch rating for the load.
**broken link removed**

Thank everybody, I solved the problem.
Dear Mahinda Jayasinghe,
i have the same problem you had with a car central locking i can not find how to revers the polarity. Can you please help by sending me the circuit you used.
Thank you
Charles Bonanno

Last edited:
Hello every one, I have a problem with a car cenral locking system the soliniod has 2 wires and you need to revers the polarity for it to open or close. I want it to be operated by the same remote control pulse for opening and closing the door.
Can any one help please with a diagram.
Thank you
Charles Bonanno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back