Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car (boat) audio amp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcom

Hi folks!

I'm building an audio amp for my boat using the TDA1514A ICs (designed for supply voltages from 10-30V). Now, the problem is that on low voltage (12-14V) it gives low power (logically, eh :) ).
I know that there is a way to raise the voltage with large capacitors, but I was hoping that you can suggest a better circuit for that. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

You can achieve this by using an SG3524 pwm ic, switching a mosfet( suitably rated) and a 50microhenry/5A choke, configured as a boost regulator Suitably rectify the resultant boosted ac voltage.....12-14v in will yield around the level required......

Thanks for your reply Chippie, but the problem is that I can't buy that IC in my town. Any replacements? Something from the LM series?

what power are you using?

Are you using the boats battery or a seperate battery? I'd like to see the schematic for the design you used.

Thanks

I'm using the boat's battery and the amp is nothing special. Built using TDA1552Q (2 x 22W). I've made two of these for four speakers.

I'm also thinking of building another amp for a subwoofer :)

If you want, I can send you the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back