Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Firstly, i want to salute all members of this forum
i am trying to design Car Battery Charger , and i want some information
how much ampere to charge for fast charge and for slow charge , if you have circuit diagram .
i need you help pleaseeeeeeeee.

Look back thru posts for a question about charging "calcium" batteries. I responded there a month or so ago with the url (I forgot what it is) for a good technical description of how to charge a lead-acid battery for best life and performance. I recall that the best charge rate when the battery was discharged was something like 2 amps - but best to read thru it so you can decide what's best for your application.

A commercial car battery charger I used to have had a low setting of 2 amps and a high setting of 10 amps.

If you charge your battery at no higher than 13.8 volts it'll last longer.

hello,
i need a charged circiut diagram supply 12 volt (battery car) and current of 15 A As batteries have 70 ,50 or 90 A
do you have it
thank you
i have a circiut diagram for 3 A only send in the attachment

Attachments

• labc.gif
    labc.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,628
Dear Ahmed,

You may get a charger ckt from National Semiconductor Data sheet for LM350. I build this ckt and now it is up & running. Also you get a battery overflow indicator therein. If you go through that ckt, you will note that there is no mechanism to prevent BATT being discharging into the IC when ther is a mains power failer. So what I did was, I put a doide (IN5408) to stop this. However, with this alternative, there is a little voltage drop but negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back