Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntero

Hi there, im new to the forum and to the electronics world, (i've read the FAQ's though, but still...)and i wanted to ask your help, this is the deal, my car radio was stolen, and i thought about doing something myself, like just pluggin an MP3 player to the amp, wich is wired to the car speakers, since i dont know much about electronics, i wanted to know wich one is the best from this list:
**broken link removed**
i've seen the power amplifiers, cause i thought inbetween those is the one i need, also, if you have a better one, please tell me

Thanks all you guys,hope you help... :)

P.S.:whats the differencee between the class D power amplifiers and the linear power amplifiers?(btw, those are in the list)

I'm going to just bump this, cause I know there are lots of audio guys here who probably have a diagram ready to go.

The powerful amplifiers in that list need a supply voltage that is much higher than the 12V in a car. High power car amplifiers use a complicated voltage stepup circuit.
The "16W" car amplifier produces only about 14W per channel and uses obsolete amplifier ICs.

A class-D amplifier is too complicated for a NOOB to make.

An ordinary car radio has 14W per channel at clipping into 4 ohm speakers.
A TDA2005 or TDA7240A amplifier IC can do it per channel and the schematic and pcb design is in their datasheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back