Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitors and Amperes

Status
Not open for further replies.

_helio_

Hello
I saw this headline about a new capacitor for camera flash:
'10-A supercapacitor-based LED flash driver enables thin camera phones'
**broken link removed**

Now, I feel something odd: I'm accostumed to think of capacitors in terms of farad and working voltage. Am I wrong ?

This is just a charger/discharger chip for the capacitor. Not the capacitor itself.

I wonder what type of external capacitor can give the ideal discharge to flash a High Power LED (5-100W): a simple electrolytic one ? Thanks for your attention.

I wonder what type of external capacitor can give the ideal discharge to flash a High Power LED (5-100W): a simple electrolytic one ? Thanks for your attention.
They use a supercapacitor. It's a type of electrolytic cap that has very high capacitance (in the Farad region).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back