Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor leakage tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi all:
I was looking for a 'modern' HV cap leakage tester that can handle Tube voltage leakage tests etc.
I came across this:
**broken link removed**

It appears to have the ability to do the testing but the description is a bit brief.
Does anyone have any experience with it? Or have access to more info about it?

Considering it runs of 4, AA batteries, I am a bit Doubtful it actually produces up to 1000 Volts for Capacitor Leakage Tests. At least not at any significant currents.

I have a Sencore "LC102 that Actually does produce these High Voltages at reasonable currents for these tests.
but Origionally it was almost 70 times more money.

I can see that, using a photo flash transformer, the meter can generate 200V and 1000V at very low current. 1 watt,

The meter claims it can generate 2A at 6V for power transistor testing. Maybe for 1mS. Not for any length of time. 12 watts?

You can use a megger to test hv caps, however you'll get resistance readings not leakage current.
If your only doing this the odd time then you could put a ordinary mutimeter bewteen a megger and the cap under test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back